Magnificent Munchers is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Magnificent Munchers
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
When contacting Magnificent Munchers through the website, the personal data we collect is your name, email address, phone number (not mandatory).
We store the information you provide for communication purposes electronically on a desktop and/or phone which is protected with a password. The information provided will be deleted if you do not require our services.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools, for example your IP address. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example emailing you if you have requested information about our therapy sessions; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- if booking therapy session(s) with Magnificent Munchers, you agree to your email and phone number being used. We would only contact you if we needed to communicate with you regarding the session(s) you / your child(ren) were booked on to. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not use your personal information for any secondary reason, like marketing, unless we have asked you directly for consent to do so.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you services or offers if you have emailed or phoned us; we will delete all information received after 3 months if you are not interested in our service;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- to conduct a health assessment of your child/ren which will fully outline how we use their Personal Data
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and/or offers (only from us); we never pass or sell your data on to 3rd parties
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We do not keep or save your billing information.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe.
We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use Wordfence to protect our site against security threats like hacking, malware, DDOS and brute force.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not target children with our services. The only information we receive about your child/ren is used on the assessment forms for our therapy sessions to ensure we can treat your child/ren correctly. You give us your consent to use this information for treatment purposes when signing the form in paper format.
Children’s assessment forms are stored securely on a local server and are password protected. The forms are emailed in a secure format to two members of the team who need the information for treatment purposes (Speech Therapist and Dietitian). The information is also shared with our Therapy Assistants but only in person. All information you provide is treated with confidentiality.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Phone: +44 1625 545 745
Last modification was made May 24, 2018.